Festival Programs Announced!
Inclusivity is at the heart of all our concerts and festival mission. All are welcome! We believe that a great musical experience holds the potential to have a profound impact on an individual that can be remembered a lifetime, no matter what your age, background or musical experience.
We strive to illuminate the ties between folk music, bluegrass and the classical chamber music repertoire with this season’s performed works. This year’s programming aims to celebrate some of the most beloved repertoire for string ensemble appreciated by audiences who know the genre well, while being open and accessible to audiences that may have never been to a chamber music concert.
Featuring TWO world-premieres by Ailbhe McDonagh and Domenic Salerni written for ACMF’s inaugural season. We are thrilled to bring together beloved favorites of the repertory with exciting new works by living composers Jesse Montgomery, Steve Snowden, Mark Boden and more.
Intensive Chamber Music Workshop: Wed. Aug 18
Full details about our Intensive Chamber Music Workshop, including how to apply will be released on June 1 on our website.
Each workshop is a half-day event, with morning sessions for students ages 12-18 and afternoon for amateur adult players. Pre-formed groups are welcome, as are individuals.
- one-on-one chamber music coachings with international festival artists
- additional help, support and coaching with inspiring local professional musicians
- side-by-side string ensemble playing with festival artists
- work with composer Steve Snowden in string ensemble
- informal performance opportunity: side-by-side ensemble performance and option to perform except of chamber work at end of session
- access to open rehearsals with ACMF artists on the day
- inspiring group activities with special professional artists that explore non-classical genres, how to sight-read, improvisation and more
- meal included (lunch for students, dinner for adults)
ACMF Awarded a Community Project Grant
We were thrilled to have been awarded a Community Project Grant from Associated Chamber Music Players to help fund our festival workshop. For more info about ACMP and all the great programs they support, click here.
Help us make the festival a huge success by helping us meet our fundraising goals. Check out our giving tiers here.
We are thrilled about our upcoming first season, August 19-22! Thank you as always for your support and interest in the festival!
Donate to ACMF here. Thanks!